As an Amazon Associate we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Choosing the right diaper for your baby is one part of the process, the next is choosing baby wipes to go along with it! Forget being able to change your baby’s diaper properly if you don’t have effective baby wipes to use.To take it a step further, and to protect your baby’s delicate skin and ensure they are only exposed to safe and gentle ingredients, you should consider using natural baby wipes.
Natural baby wipes are not as unattainable or as unaffordable as they were a few years back. There are now some great baby wipe brands that are natural, affordable, and wonderfully gentle on a baby’s soft skin.
Choosing the right natural baby wipes for your baby is just as important as choosing the best diapers, so keep reading to find out how to pick out the best ones, and our favorite natural baby wipes on the market at the moment.
How To Pick The Best Natural Baby Wipes
With natural baby wipes becoming more popular, there are quite a few different brands and options to choose from. Not all are made the same, and what works for one family might not be ideal for you.
Here are some factors to keep in mind when choosing natural baby wipes that are best for your baby.
Looking for natural baby wipes, you would obviously be looking for wipes that are made using natural ingredients.
Be sure to check the ingredients in the baby wipes, as some might claim to have natural ingredients, but could include other additives that are not as gentle on your baby’s skin. Avoid ingredients such as alcohol, chlorine, parabens, and artificial fragrances.
The best natural wipes will be made from eco-friendly, plant-derived ingredients.
Type Of Container
Baby wipes come in a few different container options. One is a box, which is more rigid, and which has a lid. This helps to keep the wipes wet and protected and ensures it is easy to pull one wipe out after another.
You could also choose the soft baby wipes containers, which are great to pack into diaper bags or to keep as refills if you have your own baby wipes dispenser in the nursery already.
Natural Wipe Material
Like cloth diapers, most natural wipes are made from 100% cotton, but you could also find some made from sustainably grown bamboo. Not only is the gentle for your baby’s skin, but it is friendlier on the environment as well.
Thickness Of The Wipes
Thicker wipes do a much better job at removing mess from the bottom of a baby’s bum! Thinner wipes could break apart as you are wiping away, and your hands will then be doing the wiping.
You will also have to use more wipes if they are thin, so buying a thicker type of baby wipe helps to save money and save on mess!
You may have trouble deciding how many wipes to use to change your baby, just like you might have trouble figuring out how many diapers you will need for a new baby. That’s why we’ve developed a handy new diaper calculator for new parents.
Scented Or Unscented Wipes
Your baby really doesn’t care whether you use scented or unscented wipes, so this is a choice you will have to make for yourself.
One thing to keep in mind is that scented wipes might include artificial fragrances or even alcohol, and while natural wipes shouldn’t contain these ingredients, you should always check to be sure.
A benefit of using natural baby wipes is that many of the brands include natural extracts in the wipe formula, which help to moisturize and nourish skin and help fight against rashes, and which help soothe irritation.
Some helpful extracts to look for include aloe vera, oat, and vitamin E.
Most wet wipes need to be thrown away with the diapers, and many of these aren’t biodegradable. Over time this builds to a large amount of waste, and instead of contributing to this waste, you could choose to use biodegradable wipes that will break down over time, and reduce the amount of waste produced by diaper changes.
Natural baby wipes are mostly hypoallergenic, thanks to the natural ingredients, but be sure to check that the wipes are suitable for sensitive skin and that they are hypoallergenic. You don’t want the baby wipes to cause any irritation on your baby’s skin.
The 7 Best Natural Baby Wipes
These are our favorite natural baby wipes on the market right now, which we think are great options for diaper changes, messy hands, and everything else in-between!
Happy Little Camper Natural Cotton Baby Wipes
The Happy Little Camper Natural Cotton Baby Wipes are made from GMO-free, natural absorbent cotton, as well as some of the purest ingredients around. The cotton is free from chlorine and optical brighteners too – so there are no hidden harmful chemicals found anywhere in the wipes.
They are made from sustainable ingredients, and the wipes are all 100% biodegradable and compostable.
Overall, they are possibly the cleanest and most natural wipes on the market and are wonderfully gentle on all skin types.
What we love:
- The wipes are hypoallergenic and have a gentle conditioning formula that reduces the risk of irritation.
- Aloe vera and vitamin E are formulated into the wipes, to further soothe, protect and nourish soft skin.
- All wipes are free from dyes, alcohol, fragrances, parabens, chlorine, and other harmful chemicals.
- The wipes are fully biodegradable, cutting down waste substantially.
- Wipes are made from 100% natural cotton and are fragrance-free.
Completely safe on soft baby skin, these wipes contain all the good ingredients you would want to use, and none of the bad stuff!
Pampers Aqua Pure Sensitive Water Wipes
The Pamper Aqua Wipes are made with 99% pure water and have a wonderfully simple formula that is caring and gentle, and which is completely free from any harmful chemicals.
The 1% remaining is made up of dermatologically tested cleansers, as well as PH-balancing ingredients, which are so important to protect your baby’s skin from irritation.
These are a great choice if you are already a fan of Pampers diapers, and are looking to stick to one brand, without compromising the products you use on your baby’s skin.
What we love:
- The wipes are free of alcohol, parabens, dyes, fragrances, and contain no ethanol or drying alcohol.
- Made from premium cotton, the natural wipes provide a soft and gentle clean, while still effectively cleaning up.
- Suitable and soft enough to be used on bottoms, hands, and little faces.
- The wipes are formulated to be hypoallergenic and are fragrance-free too.
Pure and simple, the Pampers Aqua Pure Wipes are perfect for sensitive skin and show that using a few natural and pure ingredients is all you need for a caring and effective clean.
The Honest Company Baby Wipes
The Honest Company stick to their ethos of being honestly clean with their baby wipes, which are made from a plant-based alternative, and which can clean almost any mess, from bums to fingers and sticky counters.
Using pure and caring ingredients, your baby will only be getting the best from these wipes, and you can trust that natural and soothing ingredients help to protect your little one’s bottom, while you are doing your bit for the environment too!
Check out our Honest Review of Honest Diapers.
What we love:
- Honest Wipes are hypoallergenic, made from 99% pure water. They are gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin.
- The wipes are free from alcohol, chlorine, parabens, processing chemicals, and fragrances.
- All of the wipes are plant-based and are made from sustainably harvested plant material.
- The wipes are thick and durable, which makes them wonderfully effective at cleaning up almost any mess without tearing or breaking.
You cannot go wrong with using Honest Wipes for your baby. They use all of the ingredients you need for mess-free, healthy, soft baby skin, and none of the ingredients that don’t need to be there!
WaterWipes Textured Sensitive Baby Wipes
WaterWipes are known to be as gentle as can be, with only the most essential of pure ingredients included in the wipes, which are made up of 99% purified water, with a small drop of soapberry and fruit extracts for some nourishment.
Calling themselves the world’s purest baby wipes, they are ideal for the simplest form of cleaning, with a few nourishing elements too. Being made with such pure ingredients, they are one of the best choices for sensitive skin.
What we love:
- The wipes are suitable for eczema-prone skin and babies who suffer from allergies, as they do not contain any harmful or irritating ingredients. The wipes are approved by the National Eczema Association, with the Seal Of Acceptance, so you can trust their effectiveness.
- With a unique texture on the wipes, they are capable of cleaning up almost every mess as your baby grows.
- Soapberry is added to the wipe formula to naturally cleanse the skin, to remove any bacteria.
WaterWipes seem to be the best option for babies who battle with other wipes, and whose skin needs a little more care than others.
Caboo Tree-Free Bamboo Natural Baby Wipes
If you are looking for the most eco-friendly baby wipes, then the Tree-Free wipes from Caboo might be right for you! The wipes are made from viscose which has been derived from sustainably grown bamboo, which is a renewable, safe alternative to most other wipe materials.
While the wipes are earth-friendly, they are baby-friendly too, and are gentle and caring on sensitive skin.
What we love:
- The wipes are free from harsh chemicals and do not contain chlorine, alcohol, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, or other irritating ingredients.
- Vitamin E is infused into the wipes, along with some aloe, to gently nourish delicate skin, and help soothe the skin between diaper changes.
- As they are unscented and made from 99% naturally derived ingredients, they are suitable for sensitive skin.
- Made from sustainable bamboo, they are eco-friendly and still soft on the skin.
Caboo Tree-Free Wipes tick many boxes, having all the benefits of natural wipes, and being sustainable and eco-friendly too!
Huggies Baby Wipes Natural Care With Aloe
Another popular diaper brand, Huggies has come out with their very own natural wipes infused with aloe to be soft and calming on your baby’s skin.
Made for sensitive skin, these are great wipes to keep in the nursery, in the diaper bag, and tucked away in the car for any spills and messes, whether it be for a diaper change or sticky fingers.
What we love:
- The wipes are hypoallergenic and are clinically tested to be safe and gentle on sensitive skin.
- Free from alcohol, parabens, and other harmful chemicals, the wipes are non-irritating.
- Infused with aloe vera, the wipes offer natural soothing care and added protection, even for sensitive skin.
- The wipes are textured, which allows them to clean up messes more effectively.
Huggies is a trusted name in the baby market, so you can trust that their Natural Care Wipes are going to be a good option!
Seventh Generation Natural Baby Wipes
Seventh Generation Baby Wipes are made from natural ingredients and are as gentle as water on a baby’s skin. Being fragrance-free, there are no added alcohols or fragrances that cause irritation, and your baby smells perfectly like themselves, without any synthetic fresh smells.
Gentle and pure, these are ideal for even the most sensitive skin.
What we love:
- The wipes contain 0% fragrances, alcohol or parabens, and will not cause irritation on your baby’s bottom.
- Being thick, the wipes effectively clean up any mess but are still soft enough to be comfortable and kind on the skin.
- The wipes are hypoallergenic and have been dermatologist tested for safety.
- An easy dispensing flip-top lid helps to keep the wipes moist and fresh, while still allowing you easy access to them mid-diaper change.
As gentle as water, you can trust that the Seventh Generation Wipes won’t do any harm to your baby’s skin, and will instead cleanse and nourish it.
The Best Natural Baby Wipes
With there being such availability of natural baby wipes on the market, there is no reason you shouldn’t make the switch. Not only are the wipes gentler on your baby’s skin, but they are friendlier to the environment as well.
Natural wipes work just as well as other baby wipes, but care for your baby a little more!
For more information on diapers, please also see:
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.